Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Inspiration v 2

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced"> This quilt started with this piece of fabric, sitting on the counter, looking like it needed a home.
So modern, so bright! I was doing a Block of the Month (BOM) project with some ladies I've met through Facebook, and thought this fabric would be fun to use. 12 blocks, perfecting my skills, they look like this: I put them all together, and it came out like this:
Then, I took it to a quilt shop, where I can rent a longarm machine and pretend that I'm good at quilting (I dream I'm wonderful, but right now I just use pantographs), but it turned out pretty well, I'm satisfied!
I used aqua Minky Dot for the back, so it's nice and soft!
And the finishing touch...a beautiful label made by my awesome sister, Julie Johnson/www.runninghen.blogspot.com
And WHEW! Another quilt is done! Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. That's great inspiration fabric for your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! It is a Wild Thing! (That's what I named her :))

      Delete
  2. I have several BOMs saved on Pinterest that I need to get moving on - thanks for the inspiration! Visiting from WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love WIP! Helps me to find people I want to follow and inspiration! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love how the print sets off the pieced blocks and vice versa. It has made for a very cool quilt top. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is even more stunning in person, great job, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect colors and that minky blue is so nice!

    ReplyDelete